by Rosa T. Sheng
Welcome to the reality of 2 years of work. The idea of The Equity Alliance has been a vision in the making - realizing that one of the greatest needs for groups who support the pursuit of equitable practice is communication. In 2015, I talked to many groups about the challenges of communication stemming from the cost of building and maintaining customized websites with limited funding sources.
The Equity Alliance is a website platform that will provide a new way to broadcast conversations, resources, and new approaches to equitable practice for maximum impact in a low cost, low maintenance and graphically friendly format. Participating on the website offers the following benefits to form connections with new members, allied organizations, and supporters:
- Searchable Directory and Link to your website or social media sites
- Contribution and Access to blog posts that will be viewed by The Equity Alliance community
- Contribution and Access to Resources curated by The Equity Alliance community
- Contribution and Access to Practice Guides curated by The Equity Alliance community
- Post to The Equity Alliance Calendar for coordination of major programs/events/campaigns
This website is made possible through an annual subscription to Squarespace. Funding of the subscription for 2016 was achieved by the purchase of T-Shirts "Eat the Whale". Many thanks to those that have purchased the T-Shirts to support The Equity Alliance and those that have volunteered countless hours to making this website a reality.